Sunday, July 11, 2004

Ascension

A FRAGMENT OF A DREAM 7/11/04 (Daddy's Birthday):

I was to be in some sort of graduation ceremony. It was winter; there was snow on the ground. The building in which the ceremony was to take place was an old stone church, with a high arched ceiling. The hall was very long and open to the outside. I arrived shortly before the service, to find the climate in the building very cold. With others helping, we rushed to light fires in small furnaces spaced closely along each side of the large hall. The building warmed just in time for the ceremony. A large congregation gathered, among which were Mommy & Daddy, and (grudgingly) Rick; Pattilynn was too busy to come. I rushed to the front and climbed the large stone steps up to the area where an altar would be, although I don't remember one; I think there was a large, crude stone shelf at the very front of the rounded area. Without speaking, I slowly turned away from the crowd and toward the front. At this point, I felt my body transform into a grey, slightly transparent etherial shape, much like a fluid outline of legs, arms and head. Once this transformation was complete, I was drawn upward, floating toward the top of this domed area. I'm not sure but seem to recall that there was something there at the top. The feeling was of a transcendent, mystical experience. It was almost as if I was proving something to the crowd, or myself, or passing some kind of test.

Then I floated back to the floor of this area, turned, and began speaking to the crowd. To my dismay and disappointment, the crowd had taken my return to the ground as a cue to disperse, and they were all talking at once; my voice merely blended in and commanded no attention. When I finally was able to raise my voice enough to be heard and tell the crowd that I had something to say, most had already left. A paltry few remained, among which were Mommy & Daddy. Rick said he was busy and had things to do and left. I don't recall what it was that I was going to say, or whether I indeed gave my speech (or whether I gave up).

The dream continued on...something about going out to eat to celebrate, and sorting out transportation, then which route to take, etc. The weather outside had turned into a warm, sunny late spring day, with flowering trees. The significant element of the dream, however, was what I felt was the mystical experience of transforming into the nearly shapeless form which floated/was pulled upward. It felt important.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?